As a successful influencer, you’ll have a huge amount on your plate. From the constant production of content that’ll keep your audience hooked, to the unrelenting maintenance of numerous social channels, production of inspirational photos and daily engagement with followers… an awful lot goes into creating and maintaining influence.
Luckily the internet, as it so often does, has come to the rescue. For every plate you have spinning in the air, there’s an online tool to take away the bulk of its necessary ‘grunt work’. We’ve collected together a list of the best we’ve found for all manner of influencer needs, from content planning to social scheduling, photo editing to search optimisation – it’s time to upgrade your influencer toolkit!
Every influencer needs to generate content, regardless of the platform and channels they use. Content is an influencer’s currency, and letting it slip with regard quality or quantity is a definite no. But how do you continually come up with engaging, new content ideas? And ensure that when inspiration strikes, it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle?
- WordPress Editorial Calendar Plugin – This is obviously only relevant for influencers using WordPress blogs, but is a brilliant and simple way to plan out when posts should be written and published.
- HubSpot Editorial Calendar Templates – If you want to keep your editorial planning simple and scaled down, HubSpot’s templates are endlessly useful. No more complex than G-Sheets or Excel, these templates are designed specifically for editorial planning and are a great way to get organised.
- Trello – Agile and clever, Trello is perfect for personalisation, as well as organising posts into categories and daily schedules. It’s also easily integrated into Google Drive.
- CoSchedule – This is one for those who really mean business, and don’t mind dropping some cash… CoSchedule covers every aspect of editorial, from the planning to the sharing and promotion, and even the strategy and optimisation.
If you’re a social influencer, this section is particularly pertinent, but every serious influencer knows the importance of social media with regard generating and maintaining engagement. These helpful tools make the whole process a lot easier.
- Hootsuite – An oldie but a goodie, you’ll almost definitely have heard of Hootsuite, but it’s worth mentioning anyway. Hootsuite’s best feature is that it allows you to monitor all your social channels in one place, and schedule content across them all in one go, as well as keeping up with conversations, comments and mentions.
- Later – With a beautifully simple and clear layout, Later solves the most frustrating of social problems – scheduling Instagram posts. And it offers analytics to boot.
- Dashburst – Regular sharers of imagery and photo content through social platforms may find Dashburst infinitely helpful. It is a great place to curate, discover and share visual content across your social portfolio in, get this, short bursts.
- Hashtagify – A quick and easy way to explore hashtags related to all manner of topics, Hashtagify enables you to use the ones that will propel your content further.
- ReachPod – Most social channels have inbuilt analytics tools that display the reach, engagement and disbursement of posts, but if you want to kick things up a notch, try ReachPod. It does all of the above, with bells on.
As we may have mentioned just a few times before, your audience should be at the centre of pretty much everything you do as an influencer. Unless you’re literally a superhuman, getting to know each and every one of your audience members is impossible, but it is crucial to monitor how your audience works, what they react to and where their engagement peaks, in order to maintain your influence.
- Buzzsumo – This is a great tool for monitoring your social content and how it is being received. You can check which of your posts are the most popular, which create more engagement, and which channels see the most interaction from your audience.
- Google Analytics – Sometimes, the simplest solution is one of the best. If you’re looking for a snapshot of who reads your blog, where they’re coming from, how they’re finding it and how long they’re sticking around for, GA is ideal. You can also use this tool to create specific reports based on certain objectives, which is endlessly handy.
- Clicky – Although potentially named by a child, Clicky is a very detailed way to monitor your site traffic, and can be easily integrated into WordPress. What makes it different? You can watch people visiting and navigating your site IN REAL TIME.
- Kya – Specifically a WordPress plugin, Kya focuses on analysing audience engagement, rather than simply offering numbers and stats.
- Followerwonk – From the agile minds at Moz, Followerwonk allows you to explore, analyse and get to know your social followers, check out their profiles and see what bits of your content they interact with.
- Klear – Once you’ve connected all of your social profiles, Klear will provide you with detailed insights as to your approachability as a social personality, as well as your audience’s interests and social habits.
Visuals are essential for influencers in 2017. Regardless of where your influence lies, the fact is that your content won’t fly unless it is visually appealing. In case creating drool-worthy, nicely composed pictures that’ll rack up the Instagram likes isn’t your bag, here’s some tools that’ll help.
- Whitagram – Fans of adding white borders and dreamy filters to your Instagram photos, this is your stop.
- Hyperlapse – Hyperlapse is IOS only, but is one of the best time-lapse apps (try saying that after a few beers) on the market.
- Snapseed – This is a great, free photo-editing app, with enough features and filters to make even the most ham-fisted photographer rake in the re-grams.
- Over – Over allows you to add stylish text to your photos for Pinterest assets and blog headers.
We’ll be delving into search optimisation in more detail in the next blog post, but for now, here are a few handy tools to maximise the searchability of your site.
- Majestic SEO – One of the most comprehensive SEO tools on the market, the free version of Majestic SEO is perfect for bloggers.
- Google Keyword Planner – A brilliant way to assess which keywords will get your content ranking higher, and shepherd in more organic traffic.
So there you have it – the complete influencer toolbox. Some of the above will require payments and signing up to plans, but most are free, straightforward and infinitely useful!